DMZ full day group tour from Hue
Daily Group Tour
Hue – DMZ daily tour – is famous trip around in Quang Tri Province for tourists explore about Vietnam war. The DMZ lay at the 17th parallel and was created by an agreement known as the Geneva Agreement. The DMZ, Quang Tri was a battlefield, one of the most intensively bombed areas in military history.
The province preserves many remains from the anti-American resistance war such as the ancient citadel of Quang Tri, Khe Sanh Combat Base, Truong Son National Cemetery, Truong Son trail, Vinh Moc Tunnels, Hien Luong Bridge, and Ben Hai River. For those who are interested in Vietnam War tours, the DMZ tour Vietnam especially Hue – DMZ full day tour is a good tour to choose.
- Explore the Ho Chi Minh trail
- Discover Khe Sanh combat base – a United States Marine Corps outpost south of the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) used during the Vietnam War
- Admire the majestic Dakrong suspension bridge in the middle of the mountains
- Visit Vinh Moc tunnels – magnificent underground military architectures, born during the resistance war against the US to save the country
- Explore Hien Luong Bridge and Ben Hai River – a symbol of the everlasting desire for peace, national independence, and reunification
- Experience Quang Tri Ancient Citadel – is a special national monument of Vietnam
Our driver will pick you up from the hotel in Hue city and drive to Dong Ha City (around 70km from Hue) to get to Dong Ha city to do the DMZ tour.
We arrive Dong Ha town, the closest major city to the DMZ, or Demilitarized Zone, the area around the former border between North and South Vietnam.
On the way, stop to visit the Quang Tri Ancient Citadel – is seen as an eye-witness of fierce battles during the anti-American resistance war in 1972. During the 81-day fighting, the citadel was almost destroyed by thousands of tons of bombs released by the US army. Nowadays, the citadel becomes a place to mark immortal victories of the Vietnamese army and people and to educate youths about the nation’s revolutionary tradition and its patriotism.
Then we headed to Khe Sanh Combat Base, a large combat base attacked by a large force of the North Vietnamese Army in early 1968. Khe Sanh was built on a hilltop located 10 km from the Laotian border was the westernmost in a line of Allied defenses south of the DMZ designed to prevent communist infiltration into South Vietnam.
Next, we move to Dakrong Bridge. Taking about 40 mins of driving, we will see Dakrong bridge. During the war, the bridge was the essential access point to the trail and also being bombed and rebuilt repeatedly throughout the conflicts. Although there is nothing relating too much to the Vietnam War, it’s a marker point of the former Ho Chi Minh Trail.
You also have a chance to meet Paco minority group of people.
Then, you have lunch (with your own budget)
In the afternoon
Get on the car we will go to the Hien Luong Bridge and Ben Hai River is a place that has witnessed the pain of dividing the two regions and historical events associated with the struggle for national liberation. This is symbolizes an enduring symbol of the everlasting desire for peace, national independence and reunification.
Vinh Moc tunnel, a massive and unique underground tunnel system of Vinh Linh, Quang Tri people. This is the most impressive shelter for local people in the war. During time of staying here, people used this tunnel for important meetings, the weddings, or place of giving a birth… By experiencing the dark underground tunnel, you will feel how hard the local people suffered while living at there.
Then the drive transfers you back to Hue. Finish the Hue – DMZ Full Day Tour.
- High quality car with air condition
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Local travel insurance: 30,000,000vnd/ case/pax
- Mineral water: 2 bottles of water/pax
- Wet Tissue
- Drinks (solf drinks, beer…)
- Personal fees
- Tips for guide and driver
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoons, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, ect
- Under 1.0 m: free (parent pays the fee if there is any arising)
- From 1.0 m – under1.4m: 75% fee of adult
- From 1.4 m above: 100% fee as adult
Note: Parents pay for the costs incurred, if any
- The full program of the DMZ tour will be back late
- Other languages speaking guide should be contacted us in advance
- Please kindly understand that the places in itinerary can be exchanged orderly some times to make the route most suitably
- If you wish to visit other places without including in our estimated itinerary, please contact us in advance