Cu Chi tunnel – Ho Chi Minh city small group tour
Ho Chi Minh
Daily Group Tour
Taking your time on the Cu Chi tunnel – Ho Chi Minh city group tour (small group) is a great experience. You will have a chance to discover the fast-paced city of Ho Chi Minh city, learn more about the Vietnam war, visit old and new Saigon, and admire the city’s beauties. In addition, visiting the Cu Chi tunnel – located 70 km from the Ho Chi Minh city center to the northwest which is known as legendary for its network of tunnels, and is a popular destination for both Vietnamese and foreign visitors – will show you how much harsh life of Vietnamese during the war.
Visit Independence palace
Explore Notre Dame cathedral
Discover War Remnants museum
Visit Cu Chi Tunnel
Cu Chi tunnel and Ho Chi Minh city full day group tour
07:30 – 08:00 AM: Pick up at your hotel in center disc. 1 in Ho Chi Minh depart for Cu Chi tunnel – Ho Chi Minh city group tour (small group).
Take the morning trip to visit Independence palace, also known at the Reunification palace, was built on the sight of the former Norodom palace. The Independence palace is a widely known landmark of Ho Chi Minh city and was designed by the architect Ngo Viet Thu.
Continue seeing the beautiful structures from the French Colonial times such as the Notre Dame cathedral, the historic Central post office. Followed by the remarkable site of the War Remnants museum the museum has a vast display of the both the Indochina wars.
Have lunch at local restaurant.
Depart to Cu Chi tunnel, the trip will take approximately one and a half hours bus driving. Upon arrival, before exploring the tunnels, you will have some short introduction followed by introductory video about how the tunnels were constructed and how the people survived in the harsh conditions of the war time.
Then, spend your time on exploring the remaining area and tunnel systems which included the special constructed living areas with kitchens, bedrooms side by side with other martial facilities like storage, weapons factories, field hospitals, and command centers helping whoever lives inside the tunnels meet their basic needs.
Besides, there are also many hidden trap doors and dangerous traps within the maze – like tunnels for security purpose during the war. Afterward, special tea and cassava (guerilla’s food during the war) will be served.
Break time for relax or time for those who want to try the real shooting gun.
07:00 PM: Return to Saigon. End trip. Thank you and see you again on other tours depart from HCM such as Mekong delta tour one day from Ho Chi Minh (small group), Mekong delta tour 2 days 1 night (small group)…
- Air condition car pick – up and drop – off (centrally located hotel in dist 1, HCMC)
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fee
- Mineral water (1bottle of water/pax)
- Transfer & sightseeing as per program
- TAX & Tip
- Personal fees & fees not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance
- Beverage, tips & personal expenses (shooting gun, telephone calls…)
- Under 4 years old: free, the parent pays the fee if having any rising fee
- From 4 years old – less than 9 years old: 75% adult rate
- From 9 years old and more than: 100% adult rate
- Two adults can accompany up to 2 children under 9 years old, the third child will be charged 100% of the fare. In case a child is accompanied by only 1 adult, that child will be charged as an adult
- Cancellation 10 days in advance is subject to 30% of the total cost
- Cancellation 6 – 9 days in advance is subject to 50% of the total cost
- Cancellation 3 – 5 days in advance is subject to 75% of the total cost
- Cancellation 2 days in advance is subject to 100% of the total cost
- Cancellation of the booking must be requested by email or by phone (Zalo/ Whatsapp/ Viber)
- Elephant Travel is not responsible for any unreceived and unconfirmed cancellation requests to you. In this case, a cancellation or cancellation fee will apply
- This price may change depending on the period of the year. Please contact us to have the exact price.
- Group size: 4 – 12 pax
- Tour is started from 4 pax/ group or more
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat and the tour inclusions. Please advise the supplier if you have 1 infant at the time of booking
- We are not responsible for your lateness
- For other language-speaking guides such as German / Mandarin / Korean / French / Spanish /Italian/ Japanese…please send a request in advance. The price will be higher than English speaking guide.
- The booking must deposit at least 30% of the total tour value in advance.
- Guest should advise any special food preferences, allergies, or dietary requirements… in advance.
- Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, passport number, and visa expiry date for passengers.
- Additional charge should be paid on Vietnam Lunar New Year, Independence day (2/9), Liberation day (30/4), Labor day(1/5), and Hung Vuong Kings Commemoration day ( 10/3 in the lunar year).
- The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels, and operating conditions. Meals are fusion: Vietnamese food, seafood…
- You should inform your hotel’s address in advance so that we arrange your pick up smoothly.
- Drop-off time is subject to traffic, weather…so the finished time could be later than expected.
Pick-up and drop-off policy:
- Pick – up and drop-off just only applied to the centrally located hotel/accommodation in dist 1, Ho Chi Minh city. (We support pick-up and drop-off at the central areas of district 1, including hotels located on streets: Ly Tu Trong, Le Thanh Ton, Truong Dinh, Nguyen An Ninh, Phan Chu Trinh, Luu Van Lang, Le Anh Xuan, Dong Khoi, Nguyen Hue, Thi Sach, Thu Khoa Huan, Thai Van Lung, Mac Thi Buoi, Ho Huan Nghiep, Nguyen Thai Binh, Le Thi Hong Gam, Bui Thi Xuan, Suong Nguyet Anh, Nguyen Van Cu, and Ky Con. Except for the above areas, we do not pick – up and drop – off, guests please be at the office 112 Tran Hung Dao, Co Giang ward, district 1, HCM to join and end the tour)